- Dindigul is a district carved out of Madurai district in 1985. The district is bounded by Tirupur, Karur and Trichy districts in the north, Sivagangai district in the east, Madurai district in the south and the Theni district in the west.
- The malor towns in the district are Attur, Kodaikanal, Natham, Nilakottai, Oddanchatram, Palani, Vedasandur.
- It is located between 10° 05’ and 10° 09’ North Latitude and 77° 30’ and 78° 20’ East Longitude.
- Dindigul district is one of the major producer of banana Sapota and Acid lime and an important wholesale market of Onion and Groundnut.
- Oddanchatram is a noted center for vegetables, while Bathalgundu is an important market center for tomato. Pattiveeranpatti in Bathalgundu block is famous for Cardamom and Coffee curing enterprises.
- The city is located 420km away from Chennai, 66km away from Madurai and 100km away from Trichy.
|Name of the District||Dindigul|
|Area (In Hectare)||49, 401 Ha|
|Production (In Metric Tonnes)||8,45,154 MT|
|Area of Vegetable crops (In Hectare)||12,824 Ha|
|Production of Vegetables (In Metric Tons)||3,34,522 MT|
|Major Vegetables||Moringa, Tomato, Brinjal, Bhendi, Chilies, Beans and Cabbage|
|Area of Fruit crops (In Hectare)||29,005|
|Production of Fruits (In Metric Tons)||4,72, 414 MT|
|Major Fruits||Banana, Sapota, Guava and Acid lime|
|Area of Flower crops (In Hectare)||1,450 Ha|
|Production of Flower (In Metric Tons)||13, 958 MT|
|Major Flowers||Jasmine, Pitchi, Crossandra, Nerium, Chrysanthemum, Tagetus, Gomphrena and TubeRose|
|Area of Spice crops (In Hectare)||6,122 Ha|
|Production of Spices (In Metric Tons)||24,260 MT|
|Major Spices||Cardamom, Pepper and Garlic|
|Name of PPC||Focus Crops||Process Line||Capacity (in MT per Hr)||Capacity (in MT per Day)||Number of days||Capacity (in MT per Annum)|
|Palani PPC||Tomato, Chillies, Brinjal, Cauliflower||Multiproduce Primary Processing - 1 MT/Hr||1||8||300||2400|
|Gopalpatti||Tamarind||Tamarind Primary Processing - 200 Kg/Hr||0.2||1.6||180||288|